Background

Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Not So Distant Memory

I took Laney to Mass today and we sat in our usual spot. We love going to the LifeTeen Mass at St. Cletus. As I held Laney and she belted out squeals, I looked around and remembered looking around that church with sad eyes. I remember holding my hands so tight, seeing families, big pregnant bellies, and literally begging God to let me be blessed with a baby. I remember my heavy heart. I remember how broken my soul was.

Today, my soul was whole, my heart repaired, and my eyes filled with tears, but not sad tears. I wiped a tear of joy and thanks away from my eye before anyone could tell as I swayed with my sleepy angel in my arms.

I spent today at Church thanking God for the precious gift He gave me. Somewhere out there, someone has that heavy heart, someone longs, and I am blessed. I pray for all those women and men that long to be parents. I want for them what I have, because that longing, that broken person, is a not so distant memory for me.

1 comment:

  1. Upi knopw how blessed you are and what god listened to for so long!

    ReplyDelete