Background

Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Miracle


So, our journey up that mountain, lead us to this place. Pregnancy! I waited for the sickness, which thank God never happened. I did get called high risk early on because of my history with hypertension. That was alright by me! It just meant I got to see my Delaney Noel much more than the average momma! I had already seen her on the big screen 3 times before I was even two months along! Things went pretty well. I spotted a lot at the very beginning. Remember I said I had all the signs I was going to start a new cycle. That was sign #1, but it turned out that Delaney was just getting comfy in her new home for the next 9 months! I got tons of pictures of my baby. Joe missed a few ultrasounds, I was going so much, that was okay. He was pretty set on not finding out what she was, but I already knew she was the girl I had always dreamed of:) He even made a deal with me that if it was a girl I could name her and if it was a boy he could. I knew she was a girl when he made that deal. Sneaky one, I am!


At about 20 weeks, I spotted again. I was mortified. I thought that was it! I thought it was over! But, Dr. Boyd checked and everything seemed fine. He said for whatever reason, sometimes that happens and there is no explanation. So, I was relieved. But, I gotta tell you, if there is one thing I regret, it's that I was nervous the whole time. I don't think I ever fully let myself believe this was happening. That climb up the moutain may have had some part in that. I was scared to fully experience this because I knew it could be gone fast!


But after that 20 week episode of spotting, things went just fine. I got to see the baby about once every 2 weeks, and I was reassured by all those visits! Then in mid December, I started feeling what I thought were heart palpitations. I went to the doctor and he blew it off as blood pressure and changed my medicine. I believed that until I got home and my heart started racing nonstop! I went to the hospital to find out I was in Atrial Fibrillation and they had to shock my heart back into a normal pattern. That was, by far, the scariest moment of my life. I thought I was going to die, or I was going to lose my Laney. The doctors even seemed unsure about doing this to a pregnant person. It turns out, that all went well, it wasn't as bad as I thought, and we both made it. But it was enough to send both Joe and I to tears. Joe still cries when he retells the story. The doctors believed that the strain of pregnancy, as well as the hormones associated with pregnancy were the culprit. They did all kinds of testing and then sent me home from the hospital.


It wasn't long after that, that I got sent to the hospital SEVERAL more times for my increasing blood pressure. My doctor, Dr. Sarah Shores, became the second most compassionate doctor I had ever met. She was really looking out for me, and Joe and I were both thankful to have her on our side. She was very cautious with Delaney and I and we are grateful to have her as my doctor! Thanks to Brooke for twisting my arm and making me go see her back in infertilityland! I had another stint with my heart as well. This time it was Atrial Tachycardia. I got to stay at the hospital for quite some time after that one. They were able to give me meds through an IV to get my heart back into a normal rythym.


Finally we were induced and met Miss Delaney on January 26, 2009. She was PERFECT! A miracle after all we went through to get her here in one piece!


Soon after I had her, I was back at the hospital. It was AFTER I had her that preeclampsia struck! I had to be separated from her and that tore me into two! I learned after having Delaney what a wonderful man I married. He stuck it out and took good care of us both! What a trooper!


Shortly after that, I found out her placenta had lots of clots and it truly is a miracle she made it! She is a real live miracle! Thank God for her!


I have since been told to think long and hard about having more children. I got very sick and lots of bad things could have happened. Thank God they didn't this time. I have lots of soul searching to do. Joe's mind is made up that Delaney is it. I can't let go that easy. I always wanted a houseful of kids. I loved being pregnant. After what I went through, I was not one of those people that did a lot of complaining. I would have gone through all I did during my pregnancy a hundred times over! I would do it again for another baby. The end result was AMAZING. So, I am on another personal journey. I have lots of thinking and praying to do and figuring out just where my life will lead! I know wherever it is, the end result will be just where it should be! In the meantime, I intend on raising a beautiful little girl, with a heart of gold! May she always know the love that went into bringing her here! And may she always know just how much she taught her mother about love!

1 comment: