Background

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bee-ing Helpless

Today Laney and I ran some errands. She fell asleep on the way home. When I carefully removed her from the car, I heard a buzzing. I simply thought it was a fly and carried her inside. When I laid her down, I heard the buzzing again and realized it was in her shirt. I shook her shirt so it would exit and when I saw it come out, I realized it was a huge bumblebee. I screamed and woke her up, and then it landed on her arm. I ran around like an idiot (I know several of you are shocked:)) and screamed as I watched my baby get stung. I have never felt so helpless in my life. I have never wanted to put myself in her shoes more in my life! I have never felt so awful! It was the most horrible thing! I know it seems so little. A bee stung her, big deal. It was a big deal though. They say that being a mother is having your heart walk outside of your body. So, my heart has been walking outside of my body for quite some time. But today, my heart was hurt outside my body, and I witnessed it. I realized there will be times when I cannot protect her. No matter what I do, she may be hurt. She WILL be hurt by others, or by things that I cannot control. And it will hurt. It will hurt me to watch those little bees of life sting her. God watch my little baby when the bees come in to sting her!

No comments:

Post a Comment