Background

Monday, January 25, 2010

One Year Ago

Exactly one year ago I was in a terribly uncomfortable hospital bed contemplating on the full dose or half dose of ambien. I opted for the half dose, and should have gone all the way. I barely slept a wink. I mean, after all, who can sleep when they know the VERY next day they are going to get to see their very own dream come true! I mean, we all know I dreamed of this day for my entire life. My whole body was rushing with excitement!

I ended up waiting a long time for "my moment". You know, that is the moment when you meet the love of your life. You know it's gonna happen, you know it's gonna be great, but no one tells you the pureness of that moment. I think in all my life, there was no single greater moment, than the moment my angel graced me! It's so strange how it hit me all at once that, yes I was pregnant, but no I am not anymore, and I created this tiny miracle that I held in my arms! That was my most blessed moment. That was "my moment".

It makes me sad to think how fast this year went. I would not trade a single moment of this year. Some people don't understand why I want to be with my daughter so much. She is my single greatest joy. I adore her. I get more joy from watching her grow than anything else. Everything I do is for her. I have been blessed with so many good people in my life. People that are supportive and have helped me be the mother I am. So many great friends that I have taken advice from. They are all great moms. Some are not even moms. Some, have just held my hand through everything and just listened. Where would I be without them?

My wish for my daughter is simple. I want her to laugh. I want her to smile and be happy. I want her to love beyond measure, because she is loved more than I can ever explain. I want her to sing and dance in the rain. I want her feet to take her to places I have never been, and her eyes to see things I have never seen. May her little hands do works of good for others and my her heart always stay close to God. She restored my faith after all. That itty bitty baby. That tiny creature, that beautiful baby I created. She's all the proof I need that dreams do come true, angels do exist, and miracles happen, everyday. Thanks Carrie for reminding me of that!


Happy 1st Birthday Delaney Noel!

No comments:

Post a Comment